Job Title: Principal Analog/Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA, or San Diego, CA, USA
City Semiconductor is enabling the future of wireless and wired communications. We are an analog and mixed-signal IC design house providing world-class intellectual property for the highest-speed applications. Our specialty is interleaved SAR ADCs and DACs that operate in the Gigahertz range.
City Semiconductor is seeking a talented, results-oriented individual to contribute to a growing design team focused on very high-performance and high-quality designs. The successful candidate will play a leading role in developing next-generation data converter circuits and systems.
- Transistor-level design and verification of key sections of ultra-high-speed products, including ADCs, DACs, amplifiers, references, clock circuits, and digital logic.
- Layout of critical circuit blocks, and supervision of layout designers.
- Architecture and feature definition.
- Top level planning and verification.
- Design review preparation and presentation to internal and external teams.
- Assist in feasibility studies and customer marketing presentations.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Strong high-speed, analog and mixed-signal, transistor-level CMOS design experience.
- High-speed clocking and/or data converter experience is desirable.
- Custom high-speed layout experience.
- Familiarity with Cadence or similar design automation tools.
- Experience with mixed analog/digital integration and simulation, including Verilog-A and Cadence AMS.
- Understanding of design for reliability and production (eg. electromigration, built-in test, packaging, etc.).
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix operating environment, shell commands, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation, creativity, and an interest to grow personally and technically.
- MS EE, with at least 5 years industry experience in custom analog IC design.
- Permanent legal permission to work in the United States.
- City Semiconductor offers competitive salary and benefits, including paid health and dental insurance.